Monday, January 3, 2011

The Year Ender 2011

I've been stuck on starting my year end music mix for weeks now and it's mainly been because I didn't know what track to put first. Without a good first track a mix goes nowhere, but once I find it everything starts to pull together. I think I just found my first track.

Update (20 minutes later): I'm 7 tracks in already. Crafting a mix for me is like carving a statue. I start with a solid block of tracks I think I want to use and then I chip away anything that doesn't sound like it belongs. Since what I'm crafting is a linear experience however, the starting point is incredibly important. It's amazing how the path of the mix just starts to become apparent though, like it was always there and I just had to locate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment