Friday, June 15, 2012

I Heard You Driving In My Car

Earworms, we've all had experience with them at one point or another whether desirable or not. I find that on most days I wake up with one song or another stuck in my head. Instead of loathing the endlessly repeating tunes, I've learned to take this as a suggestion from my brain for what I should listen to on the way to work that day. Granted I realize that not everyone carries their entire music collection around with them like I do (iPod Classic FTW), but I've found that acquiescing to my brain's song selections is a great deal easier than trying to fight it and I often end up listening to something I would have never thought to have played otherwise.

PS. The title of this post comes from the Failure tune "Stuck on You" ... a song about an earworm.

No comments:

Post a Comment