Monday, December 13, 2010

Link: Why Do The Spike VGAs Even Bother With "Awards" Part? [Spike]

Click here to read Why Do The Spike VGAs Even Bother With "Awards" Part?Why Do The Spike VGAs Even Bother With "Awards" Part? [Spike]
I can't agree more. I have no problem with the Spike VGAs as a media event, in fact it comes along at a time when the hype machine has slowed due to the holidays and serves to get people interested in what's next while they're currently purchasing what's current. My real problem is the masquerade that is the awards. Ditch the awards and you've still got 75% of the content and probably 90% of the reason people show up to begin with. Also, you wouldn't be pissing people like me off: professional game developers who prefer a real awards show to the "me too" antics of the VGAs.

No comments:

Post a Comment